- 3 cups all purpose < a href=”http://www.cookingquinoa.net/baking-with-quinoa/”>gluten free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- ½ cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup milk of choice, at room temperature
- 1 cup soy or low fat plain yogurt
- 2 flax or room temperature eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper baking cups. Spray lightly with olive oil spray. If using flax eggs, combine 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds plus 6 tablespoons warm water.
- In a large bowl, sift together self rising flour, quinoa flour, baking powder and sea salt. Stir in cooked quinoa.
- In a separate bowl whisk together coconut palm sugar, maple syrup, apple sauce, melted coconut oil, milk, yogurt, (flax) eggs and vanilla extract. Add wet ingredient to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a measuring spoon or ice cream scoop, fill the muffin cups. Bake until golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a rack for 20 minutes. Separate tops with a knife if necessary. Invert and remove muffins from the pan.
Servings 12, Calories 218, Fat 8.8g, Carbohydrates 30.9g, Protein 4.5g, Cholesterol 32mg, Sodium 157mg, Potassium 232mg, Fiber .9g, Sugars 18.8g