Purple Corn (Zea mays L.)
In the valleys of the Peruvian Andes where it is grown at 3,000 m, the ear develops an intense color and distinctive flavor that makes it special and unique, this is due to factors such as climate, soil and / or water.
Purple corn owes its color to anthocyanins, water-soluble pigment, the color spectrum ranges from purple to red and is a powerful natural antioxidant
The anthocyanins found in Purple Corn can promote blood circulation, stabilizing and protecting blood vessels and capillaries in general and in particular oxidative damage, improving microcirculation. The results of several epi vx demiological studies indicate that regular consumption of foods rich in polyphenolic compounds is associated with a reduced risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
Anthocyanins found in Purple Corn can stimulate the regeneration of connective tissue and promote collagen formation.
When the Purple Corn is added to the diet, you can suppress the body’s enzymes that help synthesize fatty acids, which may be beneficial in preventing diabetes and obesity.
Recently it has been reported that the material obtained from dwelling Purple corn can reduce colon carcinogenesis. It is also said that this pigment has a higher antioxidant capacity and radical anti kinetics than blueberries and higher or similar amount in antocianínico and phenolic content.
In Peru, purple corn is grown extensively and is used for the production of soft drinks and desserts, and even culinary preparations thus has become a valuable ingredient for the growing Peruvian cuisine.
Source: Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology, February, 2007.Food Chemistry and Toxicology, February, 2008.
- For the Quinoa Flour
- Rinse dry quinoa well using a mesh sieve. Place quinoa in a dry skillet over medium heat (it’s okay if it’s still wet). Stir occasionally until quinoa is dry, golden brown and smells toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Once quinoa toasted quinoa is cooled, transfer it to a coffee grinder (you will need to do it in several small batches). Grind until the quinoa is a fine powder, like flour. Sift the resulting quinoa flour to remove any large pieces, and measure out 2 cups.
- For the Muffins
- Heat oven to 375°F. Prepare 2 muffin pans with 18 paper liners or spray with canola oil.
- Slice bananas and add them to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the pureed bananas, cooked quinoa, yogurt, oil, vanilla, eggs and brown sugar to a medium bowl. Stir together until smooth.
- Mix together quinoa flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Add wet ingredients and stir together until just mixed. Fold in the butterscotch chips.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Remove from muffin cups and cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container or bag for 2-3 days at room temperature or for 2-3 months in the freezer.
Source: www.Cooking Quinoa.net
Soursop or Graviola fruit tree is a miraculous product to kill cancer cells.
It is 10,000 times stronger than chemotherapy.
Why are we not aware of it? Because there are organizations interested in finding a synthetic version, which allows them to make fabulous profits.
So from now on you can help a friend in need by letting him know that you should drink soursop juice to prevent disease.
It tastes nice. And of course it does not produce the horrific effects of chemotherapy.
And it has the potential to do so, soursop plant a tree in your backyard.
All parts are useful.
The next time you want to drink a juice, order soursop.
The interest of this plant is due to its strong anti-cancer effects.
And although he attributed many more properties, the most interesting is the effect it produces on tumors.
This plant is a proven cancer remedy for cancers of all types. Some argue that it is useful in all variants of cancer.
It is considered also as an anti-microbial agent wide spectrum against bacterial and fungal infections; is effective against internal parasites and worms, regulates high blood pressure and antidepressant, combats stress and nervous disorders.
This gallery contains 9 photos.
In our country we celebrate every year the value, culture and effort from ancient eras to cultivate, develop and protect all our culinary heritage. This not only shows in everyday dishes more known international mind but makes worldview eg only one 150 varieties of native potatoes have the thousands that …
Quinoa, our golden bean a superfood…
Shipments of Peruvian quinoa market in the United States totaled $ 50 million between January and July this year, an amount that shows an increase of 239% from the same period in 2013.
Minister of Foreign Trade, Magali Silva, said that with the result, the north country ranks as the largest buyer of Andean grain from a list of 45 international markets.
Silva said his office has been making intense commercial promotion of Peruvian quinoa both at home and abroad.
He also noted the need for producers and exporters of quinoa consider “existing regulations in sanitary and phytosanitary matters demanded by the American market” to strengthen the product positioning in this square.